Friday, October 12, 2007

The Art of Conversation

Ya'll know the scenario, the avatar with the pretty skin and fantabulous hair is standing alone just outside one of the gazillion shops. She's spotted by the lonely newbie, he approaches her nervously and utters the words every girl is just dying to hear: "asl"

It makes me wanna palm the little fella right between the eyes. I mean seriously.. would you walk up to someone in public and do that in your first life? If you answered "yes" to that question, then you stand a good chance of being just as unpopular and socially stunted in SL as you are in RL.

Since I'm on the subject, if we've just met, there's no need for you to get all up in my personal business. If you ask where I'm from and I answer "the U.S.", don't demand more specific information. You're not coming over for coffee anytime soon. I don't want to be rude and after I've gotten to know you a bit I'll be more than happy to share more information.

I love meeting people and enjoy helping the new residents out whenever I can... honest. The next time you think about approaching someone, stop and consider if you'd ask the same questions while meeting someone face to face for the first time.

See ya'll inworld!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so... uhm.... A/S/L?.... damn.... erm... do you come here often... nice shoes....

;)

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com