Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Future of Second Life

Monday's "Gripe Session" at the Second Slice Cafe had the biggest turnout of all our events so far. The biggest gripe? Not enough griping!

We had a great time, lots of chatting, friendly banter, a little networking and some shmoozing took place, but as has become the tradition, very little attention was paid to the actual planned topic.

With the experimental phase successfully completed, I'm happy to announce regularly scheduled chat-shmooz-meet some folks-get togethers on Sundays, 5 p.m. SLT at the Second Slice Cafe. For reminders, you can sign up for the Second Slice group or check the events listings. More may be added later, but I think this is a good place to start. I expect to see ya'll there.

Don't make me come looking for you.

In other news...

The grid has been buzzing with news of the latest virtual pets in Second Life. Turtles are invading the sims with promises to replace the Sion chickens as the "next big thing." The little critters are sold as eggs, which then hatch, breed, eat and I assume, eventually expire.

I'm sorry, if I have to worry about buying food, my property being over run by turtle babies when the little things go crazy doing the humpty hump and whether or not they're inbred, my Second Life starts getting as stressful as real life.

What's wrong with the little two prim critters that stand around moving their head or the tiny ducks you can plop down in some pixelated water to swim in eternal circles, never wanting for a thing?

It sounds like a huge pain in the hiney to me.

Don't get me wrong, I love little animals as much as the next person, but if I'm going to have to devote that much time, attention and money to something, I expect it to protect my property or at least keep my feet warm.

I hear bunnies are next.. and ya'll know how fast they multiply.

And bunnies aren't dumb like chickens and turtles. Bunnies are crafty. Their numbers will grow uncontrollably, they'll evolve and organize. The first sim to fall under their control will be Zindra, where promises of kinky bunny sex will attract a flood of newbies who'll be tricked into entering their little clubs, their eyes glazing over with lust, the temptations of fluffly little tails rounding the carrot shaped stripper poles, gyrating to the beat of loud house techno.

You'll start to see Lindens in bunny ears, the forums will be over run with messages from avs with names like "Bugs" and "PeterCtail."

The sky is falling my friends.. and it will come down on the heels of freakishly giant, furry feet.

It's the end of Second Life as we know it.

Just my opinion.

*giggle*

No comments:

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com