Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Underworld

I went shopping for the perfect survivor gear, complete with catnip, smokes and a bottle of milk. My search ended successfully and after grabbing what I came for, I wandered outside to take a look around, spotting an uncovered manhole in the center of the abandoned road.

You find the COOLEST stuff underground. I could barely contain my excitement as sprinted to the unprotected opening and lept inside.

A short stroll through the sewer line led to a soft glowing light, seeping in from the right. I turned a corner and after a short stroll I found this:





I took a moment to sit down and look around. The underground cavern was full of bright colors, tiny rooms, a purple river, crooked bridges and lots of "Alice" references. The fireplace felt warm and welcoming, it would be the perfect place to hide out with a friend.




I little farther down the path, I found this little table set up with a carafe of wine (okay so, I thought it sorta looked more like a spittoon, but what do I know?) so I had a seat and helped myself. After my second cup, I started to feel a little woozy. I started to wonder if drinking from random spittoons cups of wine were such a good idea. Luckily I found a place to lie down inside the tent.




As I rested, I contemplated the safety of allowing myself to drift off to sleep there in unfamiliar territory, leaving myself vulnerable to Lord knows what, but my thoughts were interrupted by a very deep sleep. (And aren't my boots just FABULOUS??)

I don't know what was in that stuff I drank, but it made for some off the wall dreams. It reminded me of that time back in my early twenties when I unknowingly smoked some laced weed and later had to stop my car in the middle of the four lane to let Smurfette cross the road. Luckily it was like three a.m. so no one noticed. I can just see me trying to explain THAT to the judge.

I didn't see Smurfette this time, but I did have strange dreams about a giant purple cat with a wicked tongue wanting to have his way with me on the mushrooms.
















The next time you're out and about, take a moment to survey the ground. Is that manhole cover just for looks or is it the gateway to an underground adventure? There's only one way to find out.. hop in and go for it!

No comments:

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com