Saturday, June 6, 2009

Is That a Carrot in Your Pocket?

I've always been fascinated by the creations in Second Life, probably because I seem to lack the "techie-geek gene" that gives others the ability to create artificial life from pixels and scripts. If I had plenty of $L, I'd buy an island and populate it with nothing but scripted critters and plants, where I'd just sit back and marvel at their wonder.

Okay, that makes me sound like I've got some kinda weird God complex, so maybe it's good that I'm not SL wealthy.

My first major purchase in SL was my horse, seen here at Amore Island. He's a great conversation starter and probably, on some level, makes up for that RL childhood dream of a pony on Christmas morning.

As I popped around the grid yesterday, looking for new places to visit, I saw a listing for "Jenny's Oceanfront Retreat." I'm always up for checking out the beaches, so I headed over. When I got there, there were tp choices for different points around the island, including a horse pasture. I imagined green fields filled with horses, moving and neighing, with flowers and... well...

I had to check it out.

I was shocked when I landed and saw this:


"Is that a carrot in your pocket or are you happy to see me?"


I won't elaborate on the um, choices in ways to erm.. interact with Trigger. I felt a little icky just taking a picture, but it was my duty as a journalist.

*cough*

Ya'll have a killer week on the grid. We'll talk again soon.

No comments:

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com