Friday, September 25, 2009

Everything Old is New Again





Why didn't ya'll TELL ME????


I've tinkered with the idea of upgrading my graphics card for a while, but I didn't start to really look into it until my computer started sounding like the space shuttle whenever I ran SL for more than a few minutes. Being the cheapskate that I am, I first tried rigging up an external desk fan to cool my tower (go ahead and laugh... sounded good in theory) but then I had to deal with a whole different roaring sound.

Eventually, a combination of horror stories of melting puter innards and a quick check of Linden Labs' minimum requirements for running SL led me to decide to upgrade my old, yet dependable computer. Dell, some Plurk buddies and a sorta techy guy at work helped me sort out what I needed, where to get it and how to install it.

I'll leave the gory details of the actual installation to your imagination. It was sorta like Forest Gump trying to do algebra, underwater and blindfolded. I did, however, eventually sort it out.

Now?

I'm wandering around the grid like a n00b in a strip club, constantly amazed at the newly discovered appearance of...

Grass.

Who knew it could actually look like.. well.. GRASS?

And Alejandro? He's zooming around like he's on turtle crack.

If ya'll can't find me, I'll probably be holed up in a forest glen somewhere, in a daze as I zoom in on the texture of a tiny mushroom.

No comments:

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com